Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wholly Quilts' newsletter

 

Wholly Quilts March Newsletter

 

G’day

I am totally discombobulated! My favourite sewing machine is away with Mr Fixit and it’s just like having a limb missing. Anyway it is too hot to be sewing under a quilt and the weather looks set to continue despite autumn starting tomorrow.

 

My wee exhibition at the local art gallery starts next week and the closest I have come to quilts this week is ensuring all have hanging sleeves, labels etc.

 

My teaching contract for the Remarkable Symposium in April 2011 has now been confirmed. I am teaching three new classes – the Tartan Rug, One Fabric-One Patch and Ooey Gooey Hugs (a variation on my old favourite Ooey Gooey Hearts). I look forward to catching up with some of you in Queenstown next year.

 

Lime Spritzer BoM

The first block is out there and I hear already there is a ‘lime spritzer’ party planned for later in the year for the big reveal.  Number two block will be heading out mid-month.

 

Pumpkin Patch

I think the twitch weed is winning in my patch; however I can spot at least 10 pumpkins including one hanging from the boundary fence. There are still lots of flowers and busy bumble bees so maybe others will come along.

Speaking of garden stuff I have been picking and pickling gherkins, jalapeños, tomatoes, gherkins, cape gooseberries, plums, garlic, beetroot and did I mention gherkins? All from my garden – how satisfying and delicious for the coming months!!

 

And to repeat - I have been planning my year:

Sew n Soup will start again on March 26 – last Friday of each month, $15 each from 5-ish        and you can sew till whenever. First up we’ll be playing with the Disappearing         

9-Patch block. This is a great little technique for a lap or cot quilt.

Retreats - $165 each from Friday night through to Sunday afternoon. Catering for 3-8.

Let me know if you would be interested in another open retreat where you can come by yourself and meet others.

Tuesday afternoon – open classroom ($10). Let me help solve your problems, teach you new

            techniques and push your boundaries

Classes – at my place or yours, I have been teaching for nearly 20 years. I have many   original patterns and classes and can work with all techniques and patterns showing

you lots of quick tricks and tips along the way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Regards

Natalie Murdoch

--

Wholly Quilts

Ph 07 867 3085 or Cell 0210 2231 678

9 Church Road, Mangatarata

RD6 Thames 3576

http://nataliemurdoch.co.nz

http://WhollyQuilts.co.nz

http://patchnat.blogspot.com/ - my blog, where you can read the latest news that may or may not make the newsletter...

 

No comments: