Sunday, February 11, 2007

Already Be-hind

Kia Ora

Well, it is Waitangi Day here in New Zealand - our national holiday.

I had planned on this day being one of those creative moments but already the year is running away from me and the class list must take priority. I’d hate to admit it but is it an age thing when every year someone with a dastardly sense of humour steals January?

Mind you this new year has begun with a most enjoyable symposium in Palmerston North and then a two-day class learning Surface Embellishment with Gloria Loughman at Whangamata.

Wholly Quilts is going to set a whole new level of quilting this year. Starting with the weekly Quilting Bes. Yes, that is Bes as in Be taught, Be inspired, Be creative, Be sociable and most importantly Be there.

These sessions are basically do your own thing but with help at hand. The Bes will also Be a Be-ginning for any aspiring quilters or fabric artistes. If you have a friend that wants to learn then this will Be the in place.

Be-cause we are all different the Bes will Be held at different times to suit and may Be altered depending on demand.

Just before I list the class times/costs etc can I please ask my symposium students if they can send me photos of their work. I just have to mention here one in particular - Lynley. For those of you who thought quilting was all little squares and triangles sewn together you need to see Lynley’s naked lady a la Picasso. She was beautiful.

Lynley you inspired me to come home and play with a naked lady (in the nicest, quiltiest way of course). Just wait until she is revealed to the world.

If you want to register for any of the following classes please email or phone. A cuppa and cookies are available at all classes.

See my next posting for the upcoming class list....


Great stitching

Natalie
Wholly Quilts
http://nataliemurdoch.co.nz

No comments: